I couldn’t quite figure out how to boot into my bootable USB stick, until I completed the following steps:
- Enter the BIOS (press and HOLD the F2 key when powering on the notebook)
- Switch to “Boot” and set “Launch CSM” to “Enabled”
- Switch to “Security” and set “Secure Boot Control” to “Disabled”
- Press F10 to save and exit
- Press and HOLD the ESC key to launch the boot menu when the notebook restarts
How to make a bootable USB stick in Windows
StuR. (2013). Booting from USB on UX31A. Available: http://forum.notebookreview.com/linux-compatibility-software/698396-booting-usb-ux31a-2.html. Last accessed 22nd Nov 2013.